Looking to stay somewhere that will give you a stylish slumber? Mayfair House Hotel & Garden is located in Miami’s oldest neighbourhood, Coconut Grove. The hotel is a one-of-a-kind space that balances natural beauty (the hotel is filled with more than 5,000 tropical plants) and iconic architecture. Think Gaudi meets the Garden of Eden. The inspiring guest rooms have colourful interiors, handcrafted decor, premium bedding, and different thoughtful design elements in each room, such as a clawfoot tub, piano, vintage typewriter, and bar. The hotel also boasts Sipsip calypso rum bar, an exclusive rooftop pool area and bar flanked by cool cabanas, seating, stunning views, and a statement fireplace. In addition, its signature restaurant, Mayfair Grill, offers American Southwest flavours for an eclectic food experience.
The Wynwood Walls are an eclectic outdoor museum of international street art. This is different from your typical museum. Imagine more than 50 massive murals created by some of the most renowned street artists from all over the world, all in one place. Get ready to be transported into a colourful wonderland, with street art represented from Asia, Europe, Latin America and the U.S.A.
Mexican-inspired cocktails at Bakan are a must! This happening spot has 6,000-sq.-ft. of earthy and artsy indoor/outdoor space. Not to mention an impressive four-tiered glass case filled with over 300 mezcals and tequilas to choose from.
Miami has the highest concentration of Art Deco buildings in the world. Check out the Miami Art Deco district, famous for preserving hundreds of buildings in this architectural style. Most buildings date back to between 1925 and 1940 and highlight distinct characteristics of geometric shapes and decorative ornamentation with pastel-coloured accents. This area will definitely inspire your next home project. You’re welcome!
Fly Boutique is the ultimate thrift store for the fashion-forward person who values sustainability. Find affordable and unique second-hand designer clothes, accessories and furniture.
Miami is home to a full roster of restaurants that not only dish sensational food, but inspiring ambience as well. We fell hard for Branja, the first restaurant concept in the U.S. from Tom Aviv, the winner of MasterChef Israel. This spot is about elevated Middle Eastern-inspired cuisine. Aviv’s world travels and experiences inspire his dishes. You’ll swoon over the laid back 70s vibe and the Branzino will have you making another reservation ASAP.
- Gia crossbody bag in camel. $560. bananarepublic.ca
- Matching twist-back cutout one-piece swimsuit in fresh squeezed fun. $49. oldnavy.ca
- Soft cat sunglasses in green by Bogetta Vaneta. $650. holtrenfrew.com
- Popover metallic stripe midi dress in yellow. $144. gapcanada.ca
- Gladiator Sandals in tan. $99. marshalls.ca
What’s a Miami vacay without a little fun in the sun? For the ultimate beach experience, head to Lummus Park in South Beach. This spot boasts stunning white sand and crystal blue waters. It’s the perfect place to relax on a chaise lounge or even rent a bike and explore the beachfront path.
- Pogo brass and cane floor lamp. $749. cb2.ca
- Neptune upholstered ottoman by Astoria Grand. $277. wayfair.ca
- Almelo headboard in sumac red. $899. article.com
- Streamlined external drain claw-foot tub in blue acrylic. $1,498. rona.ca
- Majestic machine woven performance rug in orange. $114. wayfair.ca.
- Abisko plush lounge chair in yarrow gold. $1,199. article.com
- Large ficus in rattan pot. $170.