Take it to the matte
Matte black kitchen accessories and small appliances will make a bold statement in your cooking space. Plus, this colour is easy to keep clean!
1. Studio S semi-pro kitchen FAUCET in matte black. $827. americanstandard.ca
2. Gooseneck electric water KETTLE. $88. bodum.com
3. Nera matte black MEASURING CUPS. $35. crateandbarrel.ca
4. Six-light incandescent adjustable PENDANT LAMP in matte black finish by Dainolite. $288. homedepot.ca
5. The TOAST SELECT luxe. $250. breville.ca
6. Hexa Walton black 3D peel and stick self-adhesive WALL TILES. $45 (set of four). lowes.ca
7. Four-pack TEASPOON SET in matte black. $13. hm.com
8. 16-piece DINNERWARE SET in matte black by Stone+Lain. $100. bedbathandbeyond.ca
We asked Sharon Grech, Benjamin Moore’s colour and design expert, about the hottest hues for kitchens in 2022. Here are her top three choices: 1. Greens are popular in kitchens as a way to bring nature inside, and certain greens also have a vintage vibe that is quite popular. October Mist CC-550 2. Deep navy and denim blues have been popular as cabinet colours for some time and I don’t see that changing any time soon. Mysterious AF-565 3. There is nothing like yellow to bring instant brightness and warmth to any space. In the kitchen, a little goes a long way. Pale Moon OC-108
KitchenAid has introduced its 2022 colour of the year, a vibrant magenta hue called Beetroot. “At KitchenAid, creativity is championed by the power of colour,” says Julie Cluff, director of sales and marketing at KitchenAid Canada. “This year is no different. Beetroot is vibrant and energizing, inviting cooks of all skill levels to feed their insatiable appetite for new experiences and make every meal more exciting than the last.”
Artisan series five-quart tilt-head STAND MIXER. $700.
K400 BLENDER. $300. kitchenaid.ca
Set in stone
Freshen up the look of your kitchen cabinets with marble hardware
1. ROUND MARBLE doorknob. $16 (set of two).
2. OVAL MARBLE doorknob. $14 (set of two).
3. TWO-TONE doorknob. $20 (set of two).
4. ROUND MARBLE doorknob. $19 (set of two).
All from zarahome.com
Small kitchen ideas
Slammed for space in your kitchen? Don’t fret. “In a small space, it’s all about finding the balance between the perfect function and the meaningful beauty that surrounds you,” says Richard Ouellette of Les Ensembliers. R+D asked for his top three tips for working with a petite cooking space.
1. The best way to make sure your small space functions the way you want it to is to start with a well laid-out plan. There are some things that simply won’t work in a smaller kitchen. Make a list of your must-haves and work with a professional to ensure every inch is maximized.
2. Create zones in your space to give you different experiences and moments throughout your day.
3. Choosing the right appliances for your space and needs is critical. I love the JennAir Urban Living collection specifically for this reason. The Urban Living series appliances are built with the same exceptional luxury details, functions and quality as a regular-size appliance.
For more design inspiration, visit ensembliers.com and jennair.ca
Combining superior handsfree technology with stunning modern elegance, the Cia kitchen collection from Moen enhances any space with sophisticated style. Offering voiceactivation and touchless functionalities, the Cia pull-down kitchen faucets provide the best in modern style and technology to elevate everyday tasks at the sink.